“Children are the most precious treasure a community can possess, for in them are the promise and guarantee of the future. They bear the seeds of the character of future society which is largely shaped by what the adults constituting the community do or fail to do with respect to children. They are a trust no community can neglect with impunity. An all-embracing love of children, the manner of treating them, the quality of attention shown them, the spirit of adult behavior toward them - - these are all among the vital aspects of the requisite attitude. Love demands discipline, the courage to accustom children to hardship, not to indulge their whims or leave them entirely to their own devices. An atmosphere needs to be maintained in which children feel that they belong to the community and share in its purpose.”
- Universal House of Justice to the Bahaís of the World, 2000
The Lehigh Valley Bahá’í community conducts a Sunday School program from September through May on alternating weeks. The “Lehigh Valley Bahá’í School” is held at the Wildlands Conservancy, Pool Wildlife Center in Emmaus Pennsylvania in the Education Building from 10am until noon. Classes are held for children, youth and adults. Directions...
What are the basic themes taught in Bahá’í Children’s classes?
• knowledge of God – the loving Creator of all
• the spiritual nature of all people
• the importance of prayer
• moral and character education
• development of virtues – the divine qualities within each child
• respect for parents and elders
• the importance of family
• elimination of all prejudice
• celebration of unity in diversity
• the essential oneness of all the world’s major religions
• world peace begins with each one of us
• equality of men and women
• service to others is the best way to worship God
• nurturing respect for the environment and responsible stewardship and care of the Gods creation
Adult Study Group
For adults, a book study group selects several books to read and discuss through the year. We share and delight in a devotional session with the children from 10am until 10:30 and then hold our discussion until noon.
If you have been searching for a program of spiritual education for your children or yourself we invite you to attend our Lehigh Valley Baha’i Sunday School. Our focus is on promotion of the oneness of humanity, the embrace of the unity of spiritual traditions and the elevation and transformation of the human spirit.
Check our calendar for the schedule of classes
For more information call: (610) 861- 5141